265 Cannifton Road
K8N 4V8 Canada
Breanne Matthews lives in the Bay of Quinte region with her son Silas and their pets. Breanne oversees business operations for the Belleville Senators Hockey Club as their Senior Vice President and sits on the Board of Governors for the American Hockey League. Breanne currently is part of committees and boards for the United Way, Hospice Quinte, Loyalist College and the YMCA Strong Communities program and dedicates a large volume of her time to many organizations working together to make the Bay of Quinte a phenomenal place to work, live and play.
- My family : My son Silas and two dogs Baxter and Max
- Favourite part of the job: Being able to be an integral part of the development of employees, players, coaches and the organization as a whole.
- Talk to me about: Women in leadership, community engagement opportunities and/or poodles.
- Favourite arena food: Definitely popcorn, but our food and beverage GM also makes me custom dinners sometimes that are delicious.
- Where you’ll find me on game nights: Speaking with fans and stakeholders anywhere in the venue, it’s my happy place.
- Non-hockey things I enjoy: My pets, musical theatre, relaxing with my family and volunteering.
- I spent my summer: Planning for the 2022-23 season, and vacationing in South Carolina after league meetings.
- Best piece of advice: Stand up, be heard. There will be a moment when your in the right room at the right time, and you have to know your voice matters regardless of your role. Create the career you want by working hard, and accepting feedback.
Ben Cochrane is in his second American Hockey League season, after joining the Belleville Sens ahead of the 2021-22 campaign. A native of Ottawa, Cochrane graduated from the Business Administration program at Algonquin College and eventually moved to Cobourg, where he’s lived for close 20 years. Cochrane handles the day-to-day business of the hockey club, while also pitching in with ticketing help and other duties. He also spearheaded and coordinates the team’s Sens In School program.
- My family is: Family is busy with my wife Naomi and 15 year old twins Robert & Hannah
- Fave part of their job: The people. I love connecting with fans when they come in and around the arena.
- Talk to me about: The Senators! I grew up in Ottawa when the team came into the league and have been a fan ever since.
- Fave arena food: Hot dogs for me. There’s something different about an arena or ballpark hotdog.
- Where you’ll find me on game nights: Box office, guest services or just wandering the rink.
- Non-hockey things I enjoy: BBQ. Annoying my kids. Dad jokes.
- I spent my summer: Summer relaxation is friends and food for us. Cooking in the backyard is my happy place!
Alex Pickford joins the Belleville Sens after close to four years working with the NHL parent club in Ottawa, as an account manager. A graduate of Fleming College in his hometown of Peterborough, Alex lives in Cobourg with his wife Abigail and their golden retriever Daisy.
- My family :My wife Abigail and our golden retriever Daisy
- Favourite part of the job: Working close with the development of staff while providing fans memories that’ll last a lifetime
- Favourite arena food: Popcorn
- Where you’ll find me on game nights: Walking around CAA arena speaking to and interacting with fans
- Non-hockey things I enjoy: Relaxing with my family and friends, walking my dog, watching sports and working out
- I spent my summer: Attending several concerts and sporting events in Ottawa and Toronto
- Best piece of advice: Never let the appearance of others stop you from sharing your thoughts
Alex Siragusa enters his second season with the Belleville Sens. The Guelph, Ontario native joined the Senators ahead of the 2021-22 campaign, after graduating from the Sport Management program at Brock University, in St. Catharines, Ontario.
- My family :Angelo Siragusa (Dad), Catharine Siragusa (Mom), Julian Siragusa (Younger Brother, plays OUA Lacrosse with the University of Guelph)
- Favourite part of the job: talking with people and seeing how happy they are coming out to a game and have a great time
- Favourite arena food: pizza
- Where you’ll find me on game nights: all over the arena
- Non-hockey things I enjoy: listening to music and spending time with friends and family
- I spent my summer: visiting friends and family while doing a little bit of travelling
- Best piece of advice: Mistakes are a part of life, its how you learn from them that makes you successful
Josh Hill begins his first full season with the Belleville Sens front office, after interning with the team through the end of the 2021-22 season. A native of the Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory, Hill is a graduate of Moira Secondary School and Loyalist College, and also serves as a member of Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory Band Council, with a focus on education, culture and language.
- My family is : My Partner Rosalia and our Lemon Tree – Lee Mon
- Favourite part of the job: Interacting with fans, making sure everyone enjoys their time with us
- Talk to me about: Anything other than the weather
- Favourite arena food: Gotta get a pretzel
- Where you’ll find me on game nights: Guest Services and throughout the CAA Arena
- Non-hockey things I enjoy: Travelling, Golfing
- I spent my summer: Golfing, Travelling
- Best piece of advice: If you’re ever travelling, throw the golf clubs in the trunk just in case
Evan Jeffrey grew up in Waterdown, Ontario and graduated from Brock University with a Bachelors in Sport Management in 2021. During his undergraduate, he was fortunate enough to work for Golf Canada & Ontario and saw some of the nicest golf courses in Western Canada and Ontario. After graduation, he moved to Edmonton with his girlfriend and worked for the Edmonton Stingers of the CEBL. He joined the Belleville Sens during the 2022-23 season, after moving back to the Trenton area to be closer with family.
- My family is: my girlfriend, our dog (Ryley), mom & dad, and brother.
- Favourite part of the job: Creating long-lasting relationships with fans and always being at the rink.
- Favourite Arena Food: Tough to beat a hotdog with extra mustard
- Where you’ll find me on game nights: Walking around the CAA Arena interacting with fans & partners.
- Non-hockey things I enjoy: The Detroit Lions, Toronto Blue Jays, anything golf related and being with friends & family.
- I spent my summer…: Camping, golfing and fishing.
- Best piece of advice: Everything happens for a reason, make sure to enjoy the ride.
COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING
David Foot enters his second season as a member of the Belleville Senators’ front office and sixth as a member of the Sens broadcast team.
Prior to his time in the American Hockey League, David worked in the Quinte Broadcasting newsroom. Over the course of his career, the Newmarket, Ontario native has provided TV and radio coverage for the Belleville Bulls, Peterborough Petes, Trenton Golden Hawks and Wellington Dukes.
A graduate of Loyalist College, Foot lives in Belleville with his wife Jenna, dog Chandler and cat Phoebe.
- My family is: My wife Jenna, dog Chandler and Cat Phoebe
- Favourite part of my job: Traveling to new cities and rinks across the American Hockey League and bringing the excitement of the AHL product to fans across the Quinte Region and beyond
- Talk to me about: Any sport, video games, cartoons, pop punk
- Where you’ll find me on game nights: Inside the CAA Arena broadcast booth and in the media zone conducting interviews
- Non-hockey things I enjoy: Golf, spending time with my family, cruises, music
- I spent my summer: Honeymooning in Europe with my wife, catching as many Blue Jays games as possible and preparing for the upcoming season
- Best piece of advice: Trust the process
Garrett Harvey heads into his second season as a member of the Belleville Sens front office team. The Trenton, Ontario native graduated from Trenton High School and Loyalist College, and handles the Sens day-to-day video production needs, as well as game day presentation at CAA Arena and marketing.
- My Family is: Mom and Dad, Anne and Don Harvey. Sister, Brother-in-law, nephew Becky, Justin and Everett Sze. Grandpa, Gary Harvey.
- Favourite part of the job: Hearing the crowd go crazy during home games. That makes the long hours and hard work the team puts in worth it.
- Talk to me about: Movies!
- Favourite arena food: Popcorn.
- Where you’ll find me during home games: Either in the production room producing the game or around the arena filming.
- Non-hockey things I enjoy: I enjoy going out to patios, breweries and wineries around the Bay of Quinte and Prince Edward County.
- I spent my summer: I played a lot of golf, spent time with my friends and family and spent a weekend at the cottage.
- Best piece of advice: Always stick to your word and be kind to everyone.
Alex Smith begins his first full season in the Belleville Sens front office, after joining the team near the end of the 2021-22 campaign. A native of Toronto, Ontario, Smith graduated from Guelph University, where he held the position of Director of Marketing with the Guelph Sport & Event Management Association.
Smith’s day-to-day role includes design and production of the Belleville Sens graphics and promotional materials.
- My family is: Tanya (Mom), David (Dad), Maddy (Sister), Olivia (Sister), Abby (Dog/Favourite Sister)
- Favourite part of the job: Surrounded by like-minded people
- Talk to me about: Sports, music
- Favourite arena food: Popcorn
- Where you’ll find me on game nights: In the press box or walking the arena getting live social coverage.
- Non-hockey things I enjoy: Travelling, spending time with friends and family.
- I spent my summer: Playing softball and exploring the Bay of Quinte.
Best piece of advice: Life’s a marathon, not a sprint. Great things take time!
Joel Vanderlaan enters his first season with the Belleville Senators front office after interning with the organization through the 2021-22 season.
Before his time with the Senators, Vanderlaan, a native of Grimsby, Ontario, spent time with the Niagara IceDogs of the Ontario Hockey League as a Social Media & Content intern.
Joel lives in Trenton with his Dad, Mom, Sisters and Brother.
- My Family: My Dad (Paul), Mom (Elaine), sisters (Erin, Bethany), and brother (Joshua).
- Favourite part of the job: Providing our fans with a deeper perspective through feature stories. Working with so many talented people.
- Talk to me about: The Lord of the Rings and Philadelphia Eagles.
- Favourite arena food: Hot Dogs.
- Where you’ll find me on game nights: In the media room, press box and conducting interviews post-game outside the home dressing room.
- Non-hockey things I enjoy: Spending time with family, visiting Provincial Parks, and watching movies.
- I spent my summer: Moving with my family from Grimsby to Trenton.
- Best piece of advice: You can’t let the highs get too high, and you can’t let the lows get too low.
Byron de Rose enters his second season with the Senators, after joining the team prior to the 2021-22 season. The Sundridge, Ontario native is a graduate of the Sports Management program at Brock University, in St. Catharines, Ontario and also interned with the Niagara River Hawks Hockey Club and the 2022 Canada Summer Games. de Rose handles day-to-day office and arena operations, along with some team services duties.
- My family is: My mom, and my Border Collies
- Fave part of my job: I enjoy creating solutions to problems and finding ways to make operations more efficient. I also love being part of the close-knit team we have here in Belleville.
- Talk to me about: Sports, history, movies & TV Shows
- Fave arena food: Pizza
- Where you’ll find me on game nights: On the concourse, the lower level, or down in the player tunnel
- Non-hockey things I enjoy: History, canoe trips, cooking
- I spent my summer: Canoe tripping in Algonquin, spending time with friends, and exploring Belleville and the Quinte Region
- Best piece of advice: Once you find confidence and motivation within yourself, all things are possible